Prince Sevastian Maksimi needs a wife. An heiress with the breeding and dowry to breathe life into his kingdom. After years of fighting a bloody civil war, Sev has wrested his country from revolutionaries and looks to England for a bride who will replenish both his royal coffers and the royal nursery. He knows what it’s like to put the needs of his country before his own desires. Only duty matters. Only the most acceptable female will do. Attraction does not signify… especially his vexing hunger for the bold and brazen Grier Hadley. While he cannot consider the unseemly female as a bride, the enticing chit is the only woman he wants in his bed.
The bastard daughter of a man renowned as the lord of the London underworld, Grier Hadley might possess one of the season’s plumpest dowries, but she’s a far cry from the pedigreed debutantes out to land a husband. A truth that becomes glaringly obvious when she overhears a certain prince mocking her lineage. What makes the handsome wretch think she would even want him for a husband anyway? He might, however, be the perfect candidate for an illicit liaison.
Ten Reasons WICKED IN YOUR ARMS is a Romance That Will Sweep You Away
1) The hero is a prince! C’mon! How many girlhood fantasies revolved around romantic princes? And what girl didn’t dream of a tiara?
2) The heroine is “every woman” … meaning she’s just like you and me … special, true, but someone vastly unlikely to ever catch the eye of a prince much less marry one. C’mon didn’t you wonder during the Royal Wedding what it would feel like to be in Kate’s shoes!?
3) The heroine is no timid miss. She says ‘holy hellfire’ a whole lot, much to the hero’s horror … and fascination.
4) When the hero acts like an ass the heroine very properly tosses her drink over his head.
5) Within the first ten minutes of meeting, the hero and heroine are locked in a closet again their will … hmm, and sexy goodness ensues … forced isolation=great chemistry. 😉
6) The hero might be a prince but he’s built like a man who works in the fields.
7) There’s a great chase scene … involving horses and a heroine that really wants the hero to catch her.
8) The heroine vaults across several balconies to sneak into the hero’s bedchamber.
9) The hero vaults across several balconies to sneak into the heroine’s bedchamber.
10) This book has the best ending ever! But you’ll have to read for yourself … no spoilers here…..
Grier has big, fat, and fancy dowry, while Prince Sevastian…Well, he’s a prince. What I didn’t tell you is that Sevastian needs money and an heir, while Grier needs a title. Their first meeting can be very well described as total chaos. There’s gossip, people spying, drinks (and then an empty glass of lemonade) and both of them are very cruel to one another.
Now, I have to say how much I love the name of this series and this book cover! It’s an incredible cover that made me want to have a big poster glued in my wall like a teenager. Then I started to read the blurb and all the other information and there was it: Forgotten Princesses ! Okay, I know I’m a romantic that loves Disney movies and princesses, but come on! It’s a very interesting name that leaves you wondering…
After reading the blurb I though “okay, this will be a book that everyone knows how it’s going to end, but HOW they’ll do that…Sounds like they’ll get in trouble and I’ll have a lot of fun reading it!”. Those were my expectations.
It’s a fun, funny and loveable title. You’ll spend the whole day/night reading non-stop until it’s over! Especially if you are a romance junkie like me. Take the day off to read Wicked In Your Arms by the talented author Sophie Jordan.
SEXUAL CONTENT: 4/5
This book was received through the Goddess Fish Book Tour. That doesn’t affect my opinion about the book.
Sophie and Harper Collins will be giving away a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour! Go check the other stops and the more you comment, the better your chances of winning! Contest ends July 29th.
Don’t forget to check out my other giveaway! •Comment HERE and enter to win an ebook copy of STOLEN DESTINY by Gabrielle Bisset! Ends on June 30!